1. Feeding Butterflies with Nectar
Belightful Butterfly Nectar - Instructions of use:
- Mix nectar powder with 150 ml/5 fl oz of water
- Apply ready liquid into the butterfly feeder. You can speed up the absorption by using warm water.
Once the food is mixed with water, keep it refrigerated and use within 3 days.
Refill with nectar as often as needed. During a very hot and sunny period, you might need to do this more frequently due to evaporation.
2. Cleaning and maintenance
Hand wash your feeder with warm water once a week. You can add drops of vinegar to enhance the cleaning effect. Rinse thoroughly. Refill nectar once a week or more often, if needed. Evaporation depends on weather conditions (sunshine, air humidity).
3. Tips for a butterfly friendly garden
There are many ways to make your garden butterfly friendly.
One way is to choose plants that are irresistible to butterflies, like:
- Cultivated Milkweeds,
- Wild Cherry Trees,
- Violets, to name but a few.
Instructions in other languages:
- suomeksi (PDF)