1. Feeding Butterflies with Nectar
The Belightful Butterfly Nectar - Instructions of use:
- Mix nectar powder with 150 ml/5 fl oz of water
- Apply ready liquid into the butterfly feeder. You can speed up the absorption by using warm water.
Refill with nectar as often as needed. During a very hot and sunny period, you might need to do this more frequently due to evaporation.
The bottom part of the Oasis should be filled to the brim with nectar. You can add a little more water, but make sure that nectar is not too diluted. Refill with new nectar when needed.
Once the food is mixed with water, keep it refrigerated and use within 3 days.
2. Cleaning and maintenance
Hand wash your feeder with warm water once a week. You can add drops of vinegar to enhance the cleaning effect. Rinse thoroughly. Refill nectar once a week or more often, if needed. Evaporation depends on weather conditions (the sunshine, air humidity).
3. Tips for a butterfly friendly garden
There are many ways to make your garden butterfly friendly.
One way is to choose plants that are irresistible to butterflies, like:
- Cultivated Milkweeds,
- Wild Cherry Trees,
- Violets, to name but a few.