Who are the two ladies behind Belightful Design?
Miia Liesegang and Taina Tallala are a complementary duo. Miia has a background in design and Taina is an expert in the field of business. Both strive to make use of their expertise within Belightful Design, but since it is a small company, both also needed to learn new things; such as administrative tasks, bureaucracies and internationalisation.
How did you decide to set up Belightful Design?
- We have both worked as employees and as entrepreneurs before Belightful Design. Starting a company together felt like the only option available for implementing our idea. The idea was that instead of the negative constraints, we would improve the relationship between people and the nature through positive experiences.
- We also wanted to do something new and sensational. We didn’t know everything when we started, but believing in what we do makes us also believe in ourselves. Learning to handle uncertainty is rewarding, and it has taught us to face even more significant challenges!
What inspires you?
- Certain type of absurdity is motivating. Constant state of change is stressing, but it also inspires us. Sometimes it is necessary to charge up, but soon you find yourself among new challenges. Also, genuine desire to do good for people and nature inspires us.
What do you do when you need to relax?
- I live in the middle of nature. Once I open my door, I already feel connected to nature. Hiking in the unfamiliar environment, for example in the Lapland or in other Nordic countries relaxes me. I prefer watching spacious landscapes, such as the sea, Miia says.
- I enjoy taking care of my body and mind. I’m a pilates instructor, and for me, it is essential to find balance in different areas of life. Even though I’m more of a city person, I often dream about long hikes. It is important to me to see far into the distance when I’m in nature, Taina explains.
- Everyone loves butterflies. They are visually beautiful, and they are an important indicator of nature’s well-being. The desire to protect them builds quickly because they are soulful and sensitive. In their essence, they resemble the sensitivity and vulnerability of nature.
What is your favourite butterfly?
- My favourite one is the Peacock butterfly because they are beautiful and they can often be seen at the Oasis, Miia rejoices.
- The Mourning cloak because they remind me of Scandinavian melancholy, Taina reveals.